Charity Care at GNMH
GNMH is committed to providing quality care without discrimination, and we do not turn away individuals due to an inability to pay. The Charity Care Program is designed to help uninsured clients and those receiving services not covered by their insurance plan.
- The Charity Care Program is available to clients who meet the financial eligibility criteria.
- Clients with no income and/or liquid assets automatically meet the eligibility criteria for a 100% discount.
- GNMH offers a sliding scale of reduced fees, up to 100% of the patient portion of billed charges, for households with income at or below 300% of federal poverty guidelines.
- Clients applying for charity care must provide proof of income and/or liquid assets.
- Charity Care can be retroactive if clients provide the required documents within a reasonable period.
- GNMH reserves the right to reassess at any point and may require additional documentation to verify qualification for the Charity Care Program.
- Information acquired during the application process will not be retained for future use.
- Individualized payment plans are available for co-pays, coinsurance, deductibles, and Medicaid spenddowns.
Required Documents: This program is intended to ensure individuals who may be financially disadvantaged can access healthcare services at GNMH without being burdened by high costs, the information below outlines the documentation required to determine eligibility for reduced fees or discounts.
Clients may need to provide one or more of the following documents as part of their application for charity care:
- Pay stubs (for the last 4 weeks)
- SSI/SSDI award letter
- Other sources of income (e.g., alimony, pension, etc.)
- Checking and savings account statements
- W-2 forms
- Previous year’s tax return
Importantly, it’s noted that clients may not need to provide all these documents, GNMH benefit specialists will work with individuals to determine which documents are needed to determine eligibility.