Guidance for Navigating Difficult Transitions
Child Impact is a 4-hour program designed to provide parents with information that will help to support children during the process of divorce or custody changes and minimize the impact of divorce on the children. We encourage you to keep an open mind and participate actively in the program.
This program focuses on the following topics:
- The effects of divorce and separation on children
- Stages of grief and loss
- Parental conflict strategies for co-parenting
- Model for negotiating agreement
- Alternative dispute resolution
How To Register
You may register for either a 4-hour class on a Saturday (9am – 1pm) or two 2-hour classes during a weeknight (6pm – 8pm).
- You are responsible for checking in with the course presenters to be sure your attendance is recorded.
- You must attend all 4 hours of the course.
- Classes begin promptly. Late arrivals cannot be admitted and will be required to re-schedule.
- You may re-schedule once. If you need to reschedule more than once, there will be a $25.00 fee.
- Classes are for registered adults only. No childcare will be provided; therefore we ask that you do not bring your children.
- Breaks are taken during the class. Please feel free to bring beverages (non-alcoholic) or snacks as needed.
- If a class needs to be cancelled due to inclement weather, a recording will be left on the message phone (603-598-7155). Decisions will be made by 4pm for evening classes and 7am for Saturday classes.
- Certificates of attendance will be issued at the end of the course. We will notify the court of your course completion.
Please note that class sizes are limited and usually fill up 4-6 weeks in advance. The earlier you register for a class, the better your chances are of getting your preferred selection. If you are unable to attend any of our classes, you may attend at any other participating location. For a list of program locations, go to www.nhcbha.org.
100 West Pearl Street, Nashua, NH 03060 (West Pearl Street runs off Main Street).
Contact us at (603) 889-6147, Ext: 3210, for further information.
Add your information below and select the class time that works best for you. A confirmation will be sent to you upon registration. Please note: If you don’t see a confirmation email in your inbox, please check your spam/junk folders, as it may have landed there.
Please note: The online registration form performs best using Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Microsoft Edge and problems might be experienced using Explorer.